CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 26, 2008

On Paediatric

It's been almost four months since I first joined Paediatric. I started off from having a very vague interest to still being completely uninterested in this field.

I do love kids. Some people told me I look like a person who does not like dealing with kids. That's wrong. The thing is to be a Paediatrician you need to be highly intelligent, patient and committed to your work. Admittedly, I scarcely have this these three traits. Paediatricians or those who in the training come to work very early in the morning. When they work, they really work. They spend very little time gossiping and laughing. They hardly go for lunch. They go home late in the evening. They are probably the most no-nonsense people in the hospital.

Does that sound like me? Hell no.

Paediatric itself is a relatively difficult field, I think. You may think, nah, they are just kids. The truth is it's not easy to deal with people from the extreme of age i.e. the elderly and the young. They get ill faster than us who are in the middle age group. Not to mention, blood taking and setting lines for them is one big time. Yes, when you finally acquired the skills it can be easy. But the kids themselves are difficult. I mean they can cry, scream and struggle when you touch them.

Last night I was oncall in Paediatric. It ran quite smooth. Praise be to Him.

I'm now off for a locum from 8 to 10. They pay me quite reasonable. Call me money-minded. Different people have different goals in life. My aim is to earn money while I'm still young so that I can have a comfortable life later on.

"Live while you can. Love while you can."

0 comments: